The Gulf Petrochemicals and Chemicals Association, a non-profit organization, registered with the Department of Economic Development-Dubai, UAE, having its registered office located at 1601/1602 Vision Tower, Business Bay, Dubai, with email address email@example.com (hereafter referred to as “GPCA”) acting as a data processing controller, is committed to protecting the privacy of the individuals we encounter in conducting our business.
“Personal Data” is information that identifies and relates to you. Personal Data includes, but is not limited to, your name, home and business mailing addresses, telephone number, email address, credit card or other billing information, certain data about your professional activities, and other information that you submit to us.
Personal Data that we collect
Personal Data collected about you may include:
– General identification and contact information
Your title; first name; last name; job title; e-mail and telephone details; company; address of the company; tax identification number of the company.
– For meeting registration purposes
Your spouse/companion first and last name.
Following information is requested (not disclosed to third parties) only if a VISA is needed:
Your title; first name; last name; nationality; place of birth; date of birth.
Your passport number; place of issue; date of issue; date of expiry.
– Financial information
Credit card information: Holder’s name; number; expiry date. (data is encrypted)
The data that we collect and process are originating from different sources:
- Data that you provided us with during any interaction with our website and/or our services, including by registering to one of our events
- Data that your employer or collaborators have provided us
- Data that is publicly available on the internet
- Data provided by our partners or other members of the GPCA
How and for which purposes we use your Personal Data
We may use your Personal Data to:
- Communicate with you and others as part of our business.
- Allow you to communicate and exchange information with other members of our network.
- Introduce you to other members of our network.
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, terms and conditions, this website and other administrative information.
- Make decisions about whether to provide you services.
- Provide improved quality.
- Personalize your experience on this website by presenting information tailored to you.
- Allow you to participate actively in our network, including discussions, seminars, meetings and other events. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Data, so we suggest that you read these carefully.
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; business continuity; and records, document and print management.
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction notably.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence).
Such processing is based on your consent and on the fact that the processing of your Personal Data is necessary for the performance of our contract or in order to take steps prior to entering into such contract. It would be impossible for GPCA to provide you with our services without such processing.
Should we have to further process the Personal Data for other purposes than those set forth in the present section, we will provide you with information on that other purpose and with any relevant further information prior to any such further processing.